The Missouri Department of Transportation’s Historic Preservation (HP) section is looking for a GIS specialist.
The HP section consists of 13 archaeologists and architectural historians and is based in the Central Office in Jefferson City. The GIS specialist will assist the HP section to ensure MoDOT’s compliance with historic preservation regulations, specifically Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act.
Examples of work that include use of ArcGIS software:
- inventories and mapping of cultural resources
- identification and evaluation of historic properties
- mitigating adverse effects upon historic properties
- geo-referencing historic maps
- creating maps for documents
- producing story maps
- developing innovative ways to use GIS technology to expand the availability of the recovered data to consulting parties, the general public and professionals
The GIS Specialist job posting is in the Central Office Section and instructions on how to apply are at https://www.modot.org/central-district-central-office-career-opportunities